Who we are
Our website address is: https://pereradesign.com.
Perera Design is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
This policy explains the types of personal information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared. It also sets out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this information.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about you when you fill in and submit any of the enquiry forms on this website or you deal with us via email. This helps us understand what you would like from us and how we can best provide you either with services or information on those services.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- contact information (such as your name, address, email address, fax and telephone number);
- any information you’ve provided to us about your employer and/or your organisation;
- comments and/or any feedback that you provide to us about our services, our website, or other matters.
What other information do we collect?
How might we use and disclose your personal information?
Perera Design may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
Generally, we may use and disclose your personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- provide you with our products or services that you have requested;
- respond to your queries or feedback;
- analyse and improve all aspects of our business including, but not limited to, our standards development processes, our business systems, processes, outcomes, communication, website, engagement and performance;
- enable our development work in general, such as evaluating stakeholder proposals
- provide you with any communications in which we think you might be interested, or which you have requested; and
- let you know about developments in our services or projects that might be useful to you.
Disclosure of personal information to other parties
Perera Design may disclose your personal information to third parties such as our professional advisers, our external service providers that provide services to us (such as training, website hosting, website development, cloud storage, distribution of newsletters and/or market research), your employer or organisation, government, statutory and/or regulatory bodies. We may also disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
We do not and will never sell or license your personal information to any third party.
Security and management of personal information
Perera Design will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access;
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure; and
- putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards.
If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, Perera Design will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
Accessing the information we hold about you
Under the APPs, you may be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The APPs provide some exceptions to your rights in this regard.
To make a request to access this information, or to delete personal information that we are not legally required to retain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require you to verify your identity.
Sending information overseas
Personal information may be stored overseas – almost always the United States – associated with the operation of email or the enquiry form entries stored within the administration back-end of the website.
Links from our website to other websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites, or embed them within our pages. We do not operate these websites and therefore cannot be responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Updates to this Policy
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint to us or you may decide to make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia.
We will deal with complaints as follows:
- Let us know
If you would like to make a complaint, you should let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
- Investigation of complaint
Your complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer.
A response to your complaint will be provided in writing within a reasonable period.
- Contact OAIC
Our procedures should deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) in writing:
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001